Thursday, February 13, 2020

Nobody wuvs me :(.. unhappy Valentine's.


  It's a cold, blustery winter's day out here in the middle of nowhere-land. The snow keeps falling and falling, plus constantly drifting. I think the bleak frozen landscape is a metaphor for my love life.

 Tomorrow is Valentine's day, there is nothing more depressing than a day to remind you, that out of seven billion people, not a single one of them wants to be with you. Maybe I'll try to get my tv to work, I could make myself one of those frozen microwave dinners, eat it by candlelight, cry softly to myself while watching "Big Bang Theory" reruns or worse.. "Grey's Anatomy", that should properly ruin the day.

 While deciding which blanket I would sadly wrap myself up in, to console my lonely heart, I saw that I had mail. Ugh! I pulled on my snow battle gear and made the long journey to the mailbox, in waist deep snow, up hill both ways. I opened the mailbox and... and.. what's this!!! A bright red envelope with a heart drawn on it? It's a card??? IT'S A CARD!!! An actual Valentine's day card!!!! Some.. one.. sent.. me.. a.. card!


 It's a cute one too! It says "Do I wish you a happy Valentine's day"? Open the card and, "you bet giraffe I do"! Hahaha! I was really touched.. somebody cares after all, someone was thinking about me :,),, (sniff sniff) maybe Valentine's day is not that bad after all, maybe I'll meet a friend for dinner instead of eating alone, one day spring will come and chase away this snow, life is good.

 Oh, and you may be wondering who the adorable sweetie was that sent the card? The note inside said, "Happy Valentine's day XOXO Maddie. :D

32 comments:

Christina said...

I just knew it was from Maddie as soon as you said "card!"
Enjoy the warm, fuzzy feeling. Xx

anne marie in philly said...

will you be my valentine, friend? if I had your address, I would send you a card also!

Deedles said...

Sweetie, I wuv you everyday of the year!

Jimmy said...

yeah, who do you have to fuck around here to get your address for a card?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mistress Maddie always brightens everyone's day! Glad you're more upbeat about Valentines Day now!

Jimmy said...

Have you checked your gmail???

Bob said...

@Steven
When you find your one you'll realize you don't need "a day" to celebrate your love, because you'll do it every day.
Valentine's Day is a hallmark Made Up Day.

Dave R said...

A Valentine's Card... now that's sweet. I'm sure the dogs will try and give me wet smushy kises.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Christina, as soon as I opened the mail box, I thought it would be Maddie right away.

Cali-Boi said...

Wait. You got a Valentine card?/? I didn't get even get a cock shot, let alone a card?!?!?!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Anne Marie yes I will!!! :D

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Deedles, you smooth talker you!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Jimmy, I guess that would be me! ;)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Debra, yeah I really miss the naughty brat! Hahaha!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Jimmy, yes I did thank you. My antivirus ate the card but I know you sent one and that's sweet of you. Don't resend, it won't work with my internet.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Bob, actually yes you are right. When I was dating the first VDay was special but after.. meh!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Dave, ironically some guys have doggy breath as well!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Cali Boi, well I guess now we know who he likes better.. don't we! :D Hahaha! Just joking buddy! Hmmm, come to think of it, I still get emails. ;)

HuntleyBiGuy said...

That is so cute! Maddie can sure brighten a day! You’re thought of more than you know.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Happy V day, Steven!
Maddie is awesome.

XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

♥💞💅💘♥💞

Elizabeth said...

I have no planes either. My husband doesn't fly home from Berlin until tomorrow.

RJ said...

Happy VD!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

HuntleyBiGuy, yes Maddie is a brilliant star in the blogosphere!
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Same to you Sixpence! Yes Maddie is a peach!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Maddie, kissy kissy hug hugs to you sweetie wheatie pie!!! :D

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Elizabeth, well hopefully he feels extremely guilty and tries to make up for it with gifts and a nice restaurant meal!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

RJ, thanks for the VD, umm wait that sounds wrong, thanks for the nice wishes! Better? ;D

JanF said...

I would have sent you a card, had I had any idea of your address. Instead I am sending Valentine's greetings. I do like the way it seems that this holiday is expanding to giving love and appreciation to others, not just one's romantic love.
We celebrated a little yesterday but today my husband is planning to install a new kitchen faucet, and I am very happy about that.
Sending very fond thoughts your way!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

JanF, thank you and best wishes back to you. I can appreciate a good faucet, my tub faucet drips and is driving me batty! A new faucet is a straight man's way of saying "I love you"! :D

JanF said...

Well, he looked at how he would need to climb under the sink, turn his 79 yr old body into a pretzel and decided to call a plumber. Two young, lithe bearded guys came out immediately as there had been a cancellation. Did the work fast and we went out to lunch!
It was obvious that he was super relieved to have someone do it, and so fast!
We have flowers, wine and a happy , loving life, 49th Anniversary coming up in April. Health is our only problem, but who gets to this age without something? By my age (75) all my great grandmas, grandmas and my mother were already widows.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Glad you had a good evening JanF and also a new faucet! A husband who knows when to call a plumber and try to do it himself is a keeper!