Monday, February 17, 2020

Like father, love son.


 Being the nerd that I am, I'm always watching nature shows, first on tv and now on line. I used to watch the crocodile Hunter with Steve Irwin, I enjoyed him but I also found him annoying at times, a bit too hyper active. I also felt he was to invasive of the animal's space, instead of just observing, he would run in and catch whatever it was. Sadly this habit of getting too close is what lead to his early death, time passes and he had been gone over thirteen years already.

 The other day I stumbled on some clips of his son Robert, almost the spitting image of his dad with the same enthusiasm for animals. The clips are actually three years old, Robert is a sweet thirteen year old boy here. My favorite part is Jimmy Fallon being terrified of the animals, lol... big baby! Hope you smile.



14 comments:

HuntleyBiGuy said...

Robert is the spitting image of his father and has the same enthusiasm. His older sister Bindi also shares the same passion for wildlife and she is a stunning young lady. Good genes in that family.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

He was so much fun! I think his enthusiasm was contagious, he made nature seem like fun.
I'm happy to see his children are following on his footsteps.
I despise Jimmy Fallon. Ugh. Ever since he normalized Cheeto in his show. Barf.

XOXO

anne marie in philly said...

just as handsome as his daddy robert is!

Dave R said...

I never liked Steve Irwin, always thought he was more interested in ratings than he was animals and in the end it's what got him killed.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've seen his daughter Bindi on clips before but never his son Robert. I always liked Steve Irwin, although he was a crazy man.

Deedles said...

I never cared too much for Steve Irwin. He was exhausting and annoying! I think that Robert (such a cutie) looks like a blond version of his mother, to be honest.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

HuntleyBiGuy, yes Bindi was the same way, I haven't seen her in a while. I actually forgot he had a son. Yes the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Sixpence, was that before the election? Maybe he was trying to be fair. I don't like his show, I find it boring.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Anne Marie, yes cute kid and actually he is sixteen or seventeen now and looks like will be a handsome man.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Dave, yes that's what I felt at times, he would sometimes almost harass the animals. His son seems gentle with them. I also remember Steve getting in trouble for dangling Robert as a baby while feeding crocodiles. Imagine dropping that sweet kid!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Debra, yes I used to see Bindi years ago, she had her own children's show I believe. Yes I also forgot about Robert. Steve was kind of hyper at times lol.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Deedles, yes lol he could be annoying. I think his mother helps to round out his looks but those photos of the father and son at the same age are amazing. My friend has a picture of himself at three and his son at three wearing the same coat and you can hardly tell the difference.

Anitia Moorecock said...

jesus...someone needs to put downers in that kids drinks.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Anitia, I bet you were like that at one time!