Sunday, February 16, 2020

No Thanks news feed, I'm dieting!


 Lately my home page news feed is really letting me down. Those sites are supposed to send you stories that are of interest to you. I'm careful to only open legitimate sites with real news, not the frantic headlines that Meghan Markle broke a fingernail, that way it's supposed to keep track of the type of stories I like to read. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening. Nothing annoys me more than stories about some celebrity that's dating/marrying/knocking-up or divorcing some other celebrity, sometimes all in one week!

 Today was the worst, a steady stream of people I have no clue who they are, I don't care what they are doing and I certainly don't give a rat's behind who they were wearing last week at some awards show that I didn't watch. This is not news, this is gossip and gawking, ugh! I don't obsess over the news because that's not healthy either but it's good to be aware of what is happening in the world, which unfortunately most people don't. No wonder everything is in such a mess.

8 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I hardly watch the news anymore as it stresses me so.
Meanwhile I have read 8 books so far this year and I feel a lot better.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh, I remember when I could curate my news in Google Reader. That went the way of the T-Rex, no?
I read some few sites and some newspapers and that's about it. I try to stay away from the cesspool that is twitter and I don't have Facebook. So my news ARE curated.
Really the stupid stuff people take as 'news' is mind blowing.

XOXO

HuntleyBiGuy said...

I agree with Sixpence. I also used Google reader until they pulled the plug. Found a new aggregator called Feedly that I use to send me news from the Chicago papers and some other blogs and tumblr sites I follow.

It’s hard to keep the noise out.

Bob said...

Meghan broke a fingernail? I'll start a GoFundMe at once!

Deedles said...

Never been much of a news watcher. I do, however, miss journalists who cud spel. Find your happy place Steven! You're getting a little grumpy grandpa :)

RJ said...


I only watch the news to see the weather report.

Dave R said...

Those stories tell you a lot about our culture. Now, maybe if they had stories and pictures of attractive male celebrities stripping off their clothing and running around naked I might be interested, but otherwise it's just a waste.

John Going Gently said...

Balanced news is a thing of the past