Sunday, May 12, 2019

The "sandwich" of all sandwiches.


 Today I was looking at two tomatoes that I bought last week and was thinking to myself that I better use them in a sandwich or a salad for supper. While working outside, I noticed that I had missed some onions from last year and they were growing again. The onion part itself would be mushy and too strong to eat; however the green stems would be delicious.

 It suddenly occurred to me... holy cow! I can make one of my tomato and onion sandwiches! I'm actually eating something out of my garden already. I am dedicating this to Deedles because she gets grossed out when I make this sandwich. This from the queen of the grape jelly and salami sandwich! Oh wait.... I felt a little ill there for a second. Anyhoo I made my first O & T sandwich for 2019, later on even better when I have my own tomatoes, still it was nummylicious!

12 comments:

Deedles said...

Ewwwww! I guess good ol' neha got excited about your sandwich and is offering you a trade. Sounds like you're more likely to be found in a deli than in Delhi. I do like onions and tomatoes soaked in vinegar and olive oil, just not on bread. Home grown tomatoes are pretty good, just not on bread. Grape jelly and fried lunchmeat are very good on bread. I do not like green eggs and ham unless I need some home grown penicillin.

Old Lurker said...

What? Did you run out of creamed honey and mayonnaise?

Mistress Maddie said...

When we marry...I'm doing the cooking in the kitchen. You can handle the cooking in the boudior.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Lmaoooo
Oh Steve. That sandwich is very... special? Really. I can think of much better combos.
But if you like it (and it comes from your garden!), well more power to you.

XoXo

P.S. I like to eat string cheese and bananas so who am I to judge? 😄😆

anne marie in philly said...

ONION BREATH! EW! I agree with maddie.

Bob said...

You need a new recipe.

Tio Walter said...

Sandwich? Salad, baby. Salad. Add fresh mozzarella cheese, avocados, some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and your tomatoes and onions will taste delish. Really, do wonder about you sometime. Thank goodness Maddie knows what to do with you.

Jimmy said...

I Think your sandwich recipes are in The White Trash Cookbook. Wait till you try the potato chip and mayonnaise sandwich. Yummers!

Michael said...

I say to each his own. If you like the kind of sandwiches you do, go for it!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

It's just tomatoes with a little onion greens, what's the matter with you people, it's not like I made a sandwich out of jello and mustard.

Deedles said...

Watzamatta with jello and mustard? We are playing with you Steve! I like the flowered avatar. So springy.

Mistress Maddie said...

" it's not like I made a sandwich out of jello and mustard."

Yet.