Monday, May 27, 2019

Busy beaver.


 Yesterday was bee ewe tea full, sunny sunny sunshine. I got my butt outside and did yard work. There was a lot to be done, my lawn had bedhead the morning of a haircut. I got out my trusty lawnmower, gave it a drink of oil, filled its tummy with gas and off we went to tame the jungle.
The "before" picture, I think dandelions are pretty but YIKES! It's an invasion! My lawn is retro 70s style, shag carpet.
 The "after" picture, there now much better at least you won't get lost walking through the dandelion forest.

 I dug up the flower beds last week, I tidied them up a bit more. I wasn't going to get flowers yet because of time constraints on the weekend but I remembered the little market which opened near me so I went to see them and they had a good selection at reasonable prices so I got some of my first spring flowers yesterday... YAY!
 If my neighbour hadn't dropped in, I was going to celebrate my accomplishments with one of my onion and tomato sandwiches. I was pretty much finished outside to be honest by that time, not because I was getting tired, more due to the malevolent cloud of black flies that descended upon me like deranged obsessive mini vampires!

16 comments:

Richard said...

It sounds like you stayed off line...

Old Lurker said...

Oh those poor dandelions. So pretty and so doomed.

At least your neighbour stopped you from committing further culinary crimes. Although if you had eaten the onion and tomato sandwich before that neighbour arrived maybe the visit would have been shorter.

Jimmy said...

How many acres did you mow? I hope you were wearing long sleeves and sunscreen. The sun can be deadly on gingers.
Can we expect updates on your flower garden?

Leanna said...

My gawd! How big is your yard? Show us your garden. I wanna see the garden.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Awesomeness!
I think I’m going to need to see your garden this Spring, too.
That’s an awesome yard!

XoXo

P.S. send the Mumbai Madame to the spam folder and report her. Ugh. Annoying.

Bob said...

I actually lathe yardwork,but it has to be done,and I do love the yard after.
Wait, maybe I LIKE yardwork?

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Richard, I did stay off line. I kinda fell off the wagon last night and fell down a rabbit hole but I move on.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Lurker, I was thinking the same thing regarding onions on a sandwich lol. Actually the trick is just a trace of onion for flavour, not smothered. Those dandelions had it coming :D

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Jimmy, I learned years ago to give up on trying to get a tan. I did however receive horrible sunburn as a child and so apparently the damage is already done. I do have a lawn large enough to pasture a small flock of sheep lol. Yes I will post flower shots.... if I'm pleased with them.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Leanna, remember I'm on a farm so my lawn is called a field in the city lol. No garden yet, bugs chased me out.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Sixpence, we just got rid of the snow so our season is just starting.
I am so tired of that spam blog that I am trying to fight back. It used to be that once you hit spam it didn't return for months. I discovered that now when you hit the spam button it only moves it to a folder and nothing else. I hit the help button and typed in spam, there is a link to report it, so I did. It has two addresses, the web page and home page, I think we should all start reporting it to blogger and get rid of it. It's so annoying.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Bob, maybe you are like me and like yard results... not the work it takes to get the results lol.
When I have more time, I find working outside relaxing, it only feels stressful when I don't have time but it has to be done anyway.

Old Lurker said...

You didn't *have* to kill those pretty yellow flowers. You could have mowed around them.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Lurker, those are dandelions, I didn't kill them by mowing them, I just made them angry! :)

Old Lurker said...

You mowed off their genitals, to be precise.

Now go to sleep! You have work tomorrow!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Lurker, it's called neutering them, not killing them.