Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Goodbye Tim :(


 I was saddened by the news that Tim Conway died. I can't tell you about all the happy memories I have of being a child and watching him, especially on the Carol Burnett show. We certainly didn't have treats all the time but every Thursday we would make popcorn, have a glass of pop and settled down as a family to watch that show. There are so many good memories of us just laughing and laughing and laughing, usually until tears were coming down. My parents were serious people so it was nice to see them enjoying the moment. I think our favorite part was when Tim would make the rest of the cast laugh. They would try hard not to but eventually they couldn't hold back. He was 85, that's seems surprising to me but time slips by so quickly these days. Another childhood entertainer gone, thanks for the memories Tim, you may have left us but your comedy will live on.

14 comments:

Leanna said...

My favorite skit was the elephants with their trunks stuck together. When he made that funny noise everyone on set just completely lost it. Harvey Corman was his favorite hostage. He could never keep a straight face with Tim Conway around.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

He was hysterical.
Reruns of the Carol Burnett show or binge watching on YouTube are my favorite rabbit hole.
Childhood memories stay with us, huh?

XoXo

anne marie in philly said...

tim could ALWAYS crack harvey up. that deadpan face...thanks for the memories, tim!

John Going Gently said...

As you may know I only found him recently , beingBritish we don't have a history of his humour here
Very sad x

Bob said...

He was so brilliantly hilarious.
RIP

Old Lurker said...

Neha, not now. Holy cow I thought I was tone-deaf!

To be honest I didn't watch the Carol Burnett Show and (other than the elephant skit) have not seen much of Conway's comedy. Maybe I should change that?

It is sweet to read how comedy brought your family together.

Michael said...

Steven,
My family all watched the Carol Burnett Show too. I came on TV on Saturday night. I can still remember us laughing, especially when he made all of the other cast members laugh.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Leanna, lol yes he always targeted Harvey Corman, they were a perfect duo. I don't remember that skit, I will have to google it.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Sixpence, I think it was just good clean fun, something we could all use a little of now.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Anne Marie, I think that's what made it even funnier, great memories for sure.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

John, I am surprised, I just assumed he was big enough to be known overseas.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Bob, I completely agree, I honestly can't think of anything these days that would even come close to making me laugh like that.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Old Lurker, that first line of your comment... hahaha! Must zap her with the spam button, grrrr!

I don't know if the comedy would hold interest today for someone not familiar with his work, for the rest of us it's comedy plus nostalgia. Yes it was one of the few shows we all liked and would sit down together as a family.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Michael, for us it was Thursday at eight, we cleared all other distractions and made a point of watching it. For years after it was cancelled, Thursday night seemed empty and no other show would fill that void.