Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Think I'll stop here, at least for now.

When I started blogging, way back in 2007, I became part of a community of gay people coming out, supporting each other, sharing experiences etc, it was a little exciting actually, almost like a second adolescence. I really missed it when I moved and no longer had internet access, I really missed the people who I had met on line. After getting net access again I thought about starting back but waited for a while. This time it's different, blogging is the VCR of technology and not many do it anymore. Especially not many of my past blog buddies, sadly many deleted their blogs and the result is a lot of good posts are gone forever. ............................................ I blog mostly to get stuff out of my head, but lately I have nothing to say, or things I want to say but hold back for many reasons. My blog has never felt the same this time around and I have to remind myself to do it, like a chore. I didn't connected with many people this time, I do say I blog for me but I like meeting other people as well. I did get to meet with a small group of super sexy men and I am really happy about that. I know some of the reasons for the blog going cold, like putting up a picture so people can relate to the poster etc were some of the things I should have done. Mainly I think people sense when you are passionate about something like first coming out, compared to blabbing on about buying socks. ................................. I will stop here, I'm not interested in blogging anymore. I don't want to say I quit, not that final, because Murphy's law will strike and something could come up that I want to vent about and I would look stupid saying "I'm back" after saying goodbye. Also blogger has done something to make it harder for people to read blogs, I guess they are trying to get people to sign up to their sites, a good way to make people do the reverse. To the super sexy guys, you have my email and I am going back to my lurker ways so I will watch what people are up to including you gentlemen.

8 comments:

larrymuffin said...

Thank you for the compliment about sexy men. I know one person who is not going to be happy about you going quiet. Dr. Spo
that is. But if you want ideas about posts we can supply plenty. Also you could switch to Wordpress.com as I did one year ago.

What about the car shopping and all the adventures at the dealership? Well don't just go all quiet now on us.

Anonymous said...

Buying socks is boring? Long may you lurk, just do it some place where I can read you.
JP

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Just a little break Laurent, I am just not into it anymore. I thought about WordPress but it doesn't make sense for me at the moment. I would like to write some great adventure about being in a while car chase ending with a Dragon swooping down and eating the car completely (after I jumped out of course), and then I would have a good excuse to get a new one.

JP, you know I could actually see you writing a post about buying socks and it would be totally interesting and funny, plus I know it would end with your better half saving puppies in a heartwarming way, making me hate you out of sheer jealousy and envy!

Ur-spo said...

I was saddened to read this; coming by to hear what you are doing is one of the highpoints of my blog reads.
It makes sense though to stop if writing feels like a chore. After all, it is a hobby. Boring or tedious hobbies don't make sense.
I will continue to drop by from time to time, hoping to see you post even an update. I will miss you.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Michael, thank you, just a little break, I may start again soon, I actually miss it now a little at times. I'm following the rest of you people, I will still post my smart ass comments that no one finds funny except me.

Willym said...

I'm going to have to come up there and give that muse of your's a bitch slap????? Or maybe just let her/him/it???? rest a bit until she/he/it get's tired of retirement and gets back to work again. In the meantime we will wait patiently.... for a while then the bitch slap will be real!

Ur-spo said...

S - Where Will slaps no grass grows ever - be warned !

Sooo-this-is-me said...

That actually sounds like fun Michael! ;)