Friday, January 1, 2016

It's 2016, please time, slow down.

New Year's day, most people have wished everyone well by now. I usually don't celebrate new year's day, it wasn't part of my culture growing up. I don't see it as any kind of a special day, to me it's not some magical beginning or ending, it's just another day in a string of days that keep marching on. .............................................. I guess this is why I never make new year's resolutions. To me if a person is going to quit smoking, lose weight or start to exercise, then just do it. If they are putting it off until some imaginary starting point, then no wonder so many people fail. I believe that if someone wants to reach a goal, then they will start to work on that goal and if they don't really want to do it, they will procrastinate. I used to joke that my new year's resolution was to never make new year's resolutions. ............................................. I have already heard people on the news saying, "now that the holidays are over" and I find that sad. It seems like there is shopping time and Christmas time. Shopping time holy days are the most concentrated on and deemed important, with all focus on shopping. Once we get to the part of family and friends getting together, well that's just a waste of time and no one is spending money so let's just rush through them. The twelve days are not up yet lol! Plus the orthodox churches will have Christmas next week. ............................................. No use fighting it, today and tomorrow the boxes will come out, the decorations will come down, the trees will disappear. The holiday served its purpose, to give light and happiness at the darkest time of the year. Brace yourself for three months of winter, (unless you live somewhere warm) the days will begin to get longer so at least we have that to look forward to.

6 comments:

Ur-spo said...

this was a depressing point. You best come to Arizona this winter and get some sunshine and treat some of that SAD.
Please tell us when you wish to arrive.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Oops, that did sound depressing, guess I was in a bit of a melancholy funk but don't worry, I'm not sitting around moaning to Morrissey tunes.

Willym said...

I don't understand Epiphany is not for another 4 days????

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Will how many people even know what Epiphany is, even if we were to get back its place in the holiday season, can you just see the Epiphany sales? Half off underwear and socks, just in time for Epiphany. I am leaving my lights on outside until the sixth.

Fearsome Beard said...

Happy New Year! I think it's time to have an Epiphany! ;-)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

FB, my new year's resolution is to date one of the guys you post as beard of the day. Hey I can miss my resolution like many other people will, but it's the thought that counts, lol.