Saturday, January 2, 2016

Saint Cupidbunny Day!

Today is Saint Cupidbunny Day, it's the day that Cupid the angel left the other angels with the shepherds and went to seek out the Easter bunny. Upon finding him he gave him a high five and said "you're on kid" get ready with the coloured eggs and chocolate etc. This is why the malls begin to put up the Valentine's decorations and Easter eggs already. What? Too bitter? I couldn't resist, I have a bad sense of humour. ............................................ I am going through car withdrawal, my car tricked me, it went through a cycle of working fine to dropping dead repeatedly until it kicked the bucket Christmas eve. Most local garages are closed down for the holidays so I will not get it back until next week, grrrrr. Having no car in the city is annoying if you are used to driving one, having no car in the country is isolating, is stressing, is almost a type of handicap. I do have wonderful neighbours that are ready and more than willing to help. I hate asking for help and so I decline offers of assistance, mostly because I know there will be important situations where I will need a lift and don't want to over use my friend credit. .............................................. Speaking of watching tv, (see how I did that, a little rough transition but...) I was watching some comedy shows the other night and some of the younger comedians were gay. I understood why they would announce this if their act included observations on the differences between gay and straight people but I found it strange to announce that you are gay and then proceed to do jokes about work or going to the bank. We would never see a straight comedian come out and say "I am straight, I like to be with women, a funny thing happened to me on the way to the bank". I found it odd. Now watch how I end this post in a subtle way, the end!

6 comments:

Willym said...

So problems with the transmission and the transition? Though that ending was very effective even if you did announce that you were gay at the outset!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Now they don't think it's transmission, they are not sure. This is the second garage I took it to, I gave up on the first guy. Actually Will I'm not gay, that rumor started after I dated a gay man and really enjoyed being in a gay relationship and having gay sex with a gay man, then the stories went around so what's a person to do, the end.

Ur-spo said...

the valentine sweets went up on the grocery shelves 26 December. Oh the pain.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

What? You mean they didn't wait for Saint Cupidbunny Day? You are making that up!

larrymuffin said...

The solution to this problem is simple, do not go to the shopping mall and stay out of stores. I have not even noticed the Xmas decorations, not halloween. Stay out of store, just say NO I won't go.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

I have been doing that for years now, I think as we get older we get tired of feeling like a target for marketers. Stay inside today Laurent, with a nice cup of tea, too cold if you don't need to go out.