Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Mr Bean (aka Steve) goes to lunch.


 Well.. so today I was supposed to meet my friend. I'm always running behind, it's a bad habit that I have gotten into. Anyway with a little luck (and plenty of speeding) I managed to arrive slightly ahead of time. That is until I realized that I was at the wrong restaurant, no problem however, it was just down the street. When I went in there was only one couple there, so whew, I arrived first. I ordered a soft drink because my mouth gets dry when I'm nervous and I was debating whether to tell him right away from the beginning about being gay.

 People started to arrive and I double checked the date and time of our meeting, everything was in order. I checked my email and there was a message there saying that he had to take his daughter to the hospital. He apologized and asked to make other arrangements. I never thought to check my email before I left, d'oh! I have become so used to my phone not working that when I am in the city, in the back of my mind it still doesn't work.

 He feels bad but I was too embarrassed to tell him that it's my fault his daughter got hurt. You see when you make plans to go out with Mr Bean (aka Steve) bizarre things happen and people get hurt... sometimes they get diarrhea or hives but generally it doesn't go well and plans get cancelled.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Too bad! I hope you made arrangements for a new date and time.

Deedles said...

You better marry Maddie instead of going out with him then! Soooooo, your name is Brian Bean now? A stripper pole awaits. I don't mean to be surly, I've just been having the hardest time getting those bus tracks off of my outfit!

Bob said...

You're giving yourself far too much credit;sometimes a hurt daughter is just a hurt daughter.
That said,in case I'm wrong, don't hurt me.

Old Lurker said...

Yes, this was all your fault. The universe revolves around making you look silly. You should show penance by rescheduling your meeting ASAP.

(Don't mind me. Deedles made me say such awful things.)

Deedles said...

Et tu, Lurke'? Sheesh!

Dave R said...

I agree with Bob. I'm a great one for numbers and defining probability.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh it wasn't your fault! Stop telling yourself these things.