Saturday, January 18, 2020

I want pretty things.


 I just want pretty things and that is in no way a stereotypical thing for a gay man... okay yes it is. I love a pretty song, it's one of my favorite things, it can be happy or sad. This is "Good for me", a song about falling in love, something the other day reminded me of those feelings and I enjoyed briefly reliving them. You won't know this band or song. The band is Above and Beyond, the singer is Zoe Johnston, I like her unassuming nature, like she could be an English teacher or your bank manager, until she starts to sing. I think it's a pretty song.     
                           


7 comments:

Old Lurker said...

That song is okay, but wouldn't you rather be listening to Mariah Carey? She has a Christmas classic you might enjoy.

Dave R said...

It's rare for me to listen to female vocalists... was the song any good? Rather than something pretty, I like things with substance... thighs of steel are nice, too.

Deedles said...

No. Too reedy for my particular taste. I like a full throated voice with a little meat to it. I like pretty in men's voices, though, but not reedy. Pretty seems to bore me to tears or naps. Of course, pretty can come in different forms.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's a real hypnotic quality to this song!

RJ said...

I think she has a beautiful voice. And I like pretty things too.

HuntleyBiGuy said...

She has quite a haunting voice. The song is, as you say, very pretty, regardless of what Lurker says.

Michael said...

Thanks for posting that video. I have never heard that song before. I enjoyed listening to it with all of the different instruments and the background vocalists.