Saturday, August 29, 2015

Where's the beef?

Where's the beef? Okay I have always wanted to say that, sorry this is not a post about muscular guys. It's about that extremely important subject to most men, yes that's right, hamburgers. I love a good hamburger, the ones you get from a country fair or at a friend's bbq. That is why I usually don't eat one from any fast food restaurants, I have always been baffled by how restaurant chains concentrate on their food being production assembly efficient, while being bland, flavorless slop. At an early age I stopped going to Mc D's, I remember taking apart a big mac and looking for the lettuce tomato and onions, it seemed to me that they vomited some type of sauce on my patty and that doesn't count as a burger! ____________________________________________ Something interesting has been happening over the last few years, with large numbers of immigrants and also large numbers of health conscious consumers, the factory food production is being rejected. People want taste, they want to know that is going into their food and they want to know where it came from plus how it was produced. The companies attitude of "you will take what we give you" no longer works as many people will go somewhere else or demand better. This is the way it should be, don't tell me what I want, just give me what I want. This week I feel we have won as a consumer, Mc D has released a new product here. It's a beef patty, on a bun, with fresh lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Who would ever think that one day Mc D's would sell a real hamburger, lol, lol.

7 comments:

Ur-spo said...

You should come visit the US Southwest; they take beef very seriously here.
I see you too are not a fan of 'rubbish' but like proper food. Good for you !

larrymuffin said...

I usually like to make my own burger patties and do a mix of veal and beef with thyme, dried mustard and HP sauce to the patty.
I never do fast food not even Tim H.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Not even Tim's! What the heck is wrong with you???? Lol. Actually Timmy has some not so bad sandwiches, just wish they would go back to actually making the donuts, they are so bland now. I am coming to your house for a burger, and where the heck is my potato?

Ur-spo said...

Don't listen to Laurent; don't trust no Canucks who don't eat at TH. He is probably on some sort of 'most wanted 'list.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Michael, oh I'm sure Laurent is on a most wanted list somewhere, lol!
I like "real" food, one thing I like to do is eat out with asian friends, they take me to the real restaurants and are very very serious about taste and freshness. Plus they protect me from accidentally ordering fish eyeballs or something like that. :D

Laurent said...

In fact tonight I made a great dish of bake pasta with 3 cheeses. Am sure you would like it.

larrymuffin said...

about the potatoes 50lbs should be ok they were on sale, could not resist.