Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The More I Know of How Little I Know.

I always hope that people don't take this blog as me thinking I know what is best. The older I get, the more I learn of how little I know. I don't have any life answers, I only have more questions. Sometimes I read some of my old posts and although I enjoy them, I often cringe over what I had wrote back then. I know some of the older gay people would have caught my ignorance but were kind enough to just let me learn on my own and at my own pace. I also hope that I don't make someone feel judged, I know, I feel, I understand that what works for me is unique to my situation and doesn't fit into another person's life. I also want people to know that my new gay self is no where near perfect, it is leaps and bounds over where it was ten years ago but it is still closeted in some situations. Take work for example, I'm still considered straight there, here in the country to some degree as well. To be honest I'm okay with that, I keep it that way, I know many will think that is wrong but my life my rules. The difference now however is I don't worry about being outed at work, if it happens, well then it happens. Probably the most important thing I am trying to say here is that I am not giving anyone any advice, I don't have the life experience to draw from, so what do I know, except that I know, that I know very little, at least that's something.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

This makes you quite the wise fellow.