Saturday, April 18, 2015

Made it through.

I finally didn't have to wear long underwear to work this week. I don't have to wear boots anymore. I didn't have to keep the heater on, I was able to drive with the window down. I don't have to worry about ice or snow storms and the day is not over before I finish work. The sun appeared this week, seems we had lost it back in October. Heading home with the sun still in the sky, fresh air blowing in my open window, watching flocks of birds wing their way north, I felt a flicker of relief. The feeling that I made it, I will be okay now, I'm not trapped anymore. I don't have to feel hopeless, spring will rescue me, I've made it through.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

The first warmth of spring is so intoxicating.
The irony is I travel to Ontario every summer; I have the illusion it is always summer there.