Monday, April 6, 2015

Bring on the freaks!

Okay so freaks is an awfully strong word, I am sure however many gay people can relate to a time in their lives before we came out, when friends thought they were helping by trying to fix us up with every rejected cousin, friend, coworker they had! You know what I mean, "I have this cousin, she is really NICE, or she has a really pretty face, or she may seem clingy at first, or she cries a lot but she is normal, and finally you only have to worry if she stands outside your window at night" all beautiful people I am sure. I just have no clue why they are still single. ............................................ This used to drive me nuts, I never asked people to fix me up and I felt it was intrusive. Plus it was the added pressure that I would be outed, that people would start to figure out why I was not dating. .............................................. Fast forward, now that they know I say bring on the freaks, I am not set in my idea of who I will date. The important things to me really are personality and a good sense of humor, after that its all bonus. Have a chubby cousin, nobody is perfect, an introverted friend, strong silent types are hot, I am not picky, I mean I have standards but I wouldn't shut some one out for having problems with crowds or other human flaws that most of us have anyway. ................................................... I often wonder why my friends don't try this, fixing me up that is, many known other gay people. I wonder if they feel out of their element and so don't interfere, I wonder because before they certainly had no problem with interfering when they thought I was straight. Anyway I just discovered this great site to meet gay men. Its called something like craigsli...... no no just kidding don't worry I won't go there. Although it does seem to have an unusually high number of real freaks on that site!

No comments: