Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I Know It's Sappy But...

One of my worries in life was that I would never know what being in love felt like, real love, not just an infatuation. I remember the first guy I went out with, he was cute enough, brilliant, successful, and we had a lot of the same interests,(wait why did I let him get away) but there seemed to be something missing. I remember asking people how did someone know if they are in love. I think if you are asking that question, you already know what the answer is but are to afraid to admit it. ............................................ When I met my last boyfriend, I didn't have to ask that question, it was completely different, even though it eventually didn't work out, I really loved him, would never want to erase that part of my life and I still have feelings for him in some way. I would like to get back to that type of relationship, that's a life experience everyone should have, being in love with someone. ............................................ I would like my own version of something that happened to a couple of friends of mine, come true for me, and I have even dreamt a version or two of the following. ............................................ I am on a date with someone I love, we have been seeing each other for some time. He seems distracted over dinner but says everything is fine. After dinner we go for a walk, somewhere relaxing, in a park, maybe along a quiet river. We talk about mundane things, suddenly I realize he is not beside me and I turn to see what is wrong. He is tying his shoe or suffering a leg cramp and as I walk back to see what is wrong, he looks up at me and holds out a little box with a ring in it, he is on one knee. There is a rushing sound in my ears as the realization of what is happening sinks in. ................................................. I know, I know, that is just so sappy but I would love it if that happened to me. Trust me, I can hear the groans but I love a bit of romance. That has happened to some of my straight friends, I even remember laughing over one woman thought her boyfriend at the time was trying to work out a leg cramp because he was bending down, then finally understood what he was doing. I am not into drama but a little in a positive way would be nice.

10 comments:

Walter said...

No. This is not sappy at all. In fact, I too long for the same things you write about. One day..................One day. ;-)

Ur-spo said...

I hope you get this and more.
It will probably happen when you are least looking for it or even want it due to inconvenience.
Please put yourself available in social settings to promote the possibility.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Thank you Walter, glad to see I'm not the only one.

Dr. Spo, very kind wish from you. Social settings, ugh, that's my problem, I know that, I find every club I'm in, everywhere I work, all the people I meet, are always straight straight straight! Lol

Anonymous said...

Everybody deserves a boyfriend with a leg cramp. He's out there some place for you. I know he is.
JP

Willym said...

Nope not sappy at all.... it may not happen that way but from lips to god's ears it will happen...

Stephen said...

The romantic inside us wishes this. It will happen for you one day, I sure. Until then never lose hope, never let go of your dreams, and never, never lose the romance inside yourself.

Anonymous said...

It is never sappy to think romantic thoughts. You never know when something will happen. It usually comes when it is most unexpected!

David said...

We are all rooting for you but like the good Doc says, putting yourself out there can only increase the odds of finding that romantic prince of yours.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

JP, maybe the leg cramp would slow him down long enough for me to catch him!

Will, at this point I am ready for someone to say "you wanna get hitched or not" less romantic but I can't be too picky.

Stephen, maybe I watch too many chick flicks, but a guy can dream.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Mc54, I'm never expecting anything now so maybe that would tempt fate in my favour.

David, hey buddy, I'm still waiting for your wedding, I see a Star trek theme for some reason, lol.