Monday, July 1, 2019
Canada day! Canada deh!
Happy Canada Day! Yeah... extra sweet to be on a sunny Monday morning! Today is supposed to be a gorgeous day so I'm going to take in some of the local festivities. I bought myself a hideous shirt for the day, it looks like Canada day threw up on me, hahaha!
Just to educate you a little on Canada, here are some fun facts about Canada.
1) Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world's lakes combined.
2) Canada consumes more macaroni and cheese than any other country.
3) Residents of Churchill Canada, leave their car doors unlocked as an escape route for people from attacking polar bears.
4) Canada has the longest coastline.
5) Canada is the most educated country, over half of Canadians have a college degree.
6) Prostitution is legal in Canada but buying the services of a prostitute is illegal.
7) The Canadian province of Quebec produces most of the world's maple syrup, up to 77%.
8) Marijuana is a legal substance in Canada now but has some restrictions similar to alcohol.
9) Hockey is probably the most popular sport in Canada but it's actually not our national sport, lacrosse is; however most Canadians probably don't know that either.
10) This one is for LGBTQ community, the westboro baptist church and its members are banned from entering Canada!
Happy Canada day to any other canucks reading this and to the others, come for a visit why don't ya... eh?