Wednesday, April 26, 2017

CD Gremlins!

The CD gremlins were at it again, yes that's CD as in compact disc. I have a long drive to and from work so I like to have a couple of CDs with me to pass the time when the radio is boring. It also gives me a chance to pull out old favorites, dust them off and listen to tunes I had forgotten about. However the gremlins love playing with my CDs, I think it must be the shiny metal look or maybe it's a frisbee with a hole in the center for them. I grab a bunch of CD cases as I rush out the door, but little do I know the gremlins have been playing with these. When the news becomes repetitive, I select a CD and open the case, only to be disappointed because it's empty! I open another to find the same thing. Trying others, I discover that instead of an artist I was looking forward to listening to, the wrong disc has been placed inside and it's usually an artist I need a break from, in fact I may even make a face and mutter under my breath "what the heck were you thinking when you bought that one". Then I have that sense of dread when I realize that I probably will have to listen to..... top forty goop. It has to be gremlins, nobody else is around to touch my collection and I am very good at putting things away, or at least I was. When I leave the house in the morning, the giggling starts, cupboard and closet doors open, then out from their hiding spots the gremlins scurry, they run around the house enjoying their freedom. Some get in my snacks, which is why they are always missing and others put on music, jumping around like monkeys. Then the silliness really starts as they fling the discs at each other. Suddenly they hear my car back in the yard and they tidy up the evidence, just putting things back carelessly, resulting in my music dilemma. Could be I am getting sloppy in my old age, nah, gremlins makes more sense.

6 comments:

Old Lurker said...

There is only one CD you need: Gold by ABBA. Buy two copies and keep one away from the gremlins. Then you will never lack for entertainment.

Stephen said...

I totally agree it's the gremlins! Old age has nothing to do with it, absolutely not the old age, I will never believe it's old age creeping up, wait I have already said that haven't I, am I having an old age moment or has your gremlins invaded my mind...

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Old Lurker, lol I have even better than that, before ABBA gold the reader's digest put out a collection and my mother bought it, four c.d.s. with wall to wall happy songs for those gloomy days.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Stephen, no don't worry about repeating yourself it's not a sign of getting older, it's like I always say, don't worry about repeating yourself it's not a sign of getting older.

Ur-spo said...

I have my fair share of these villains too.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Does one of them maybe wear a bowtie?