Monday, February 29, 2016

Musical Steven.

Back in the day, when children were being very active the adults used to say "you're full of beans" (then they usually belted them into behaving). I'm not really sure if the saying has to do with jumping beans or the effects that baked beans can have on a person, as in beans, the musical fruit. ............................................ There lies the problem for me, love baked beans, not safe for me (or the people around me) to eat them so I usually don't. My neighbour however loves to cook, her favorite thing to do is make large amounts of homemade soups, stews, goulash and then share with the rest of us. One of her dishes is homemade baked beans in a tomato sauce with roasted pork, she also uses home grown spices, onions and her own garlic. I can't refuse eating this treat. ............................................. It unfortunately takes a little planning, I have to wait until the weekend, I think the main culprit is the garlic. I don't want the guys in the hazmat suits showing up again asking if there has been a chemical spill. I am pretty much grounded for 24 hours after the meal. This is when I usually start getting calls and emails to join someone for a entertaining evening. Now I have to think of ways to diplomatically decline the offer without revealing the actual problem. I must also remember not to get trapped in a car with some poor unsuspecting friend. Today I am off work so yesterday was bean day, thought I was pretty much in the clear until I received an email from someone who knows I'm off today, asking me to visit, now I have to think of something to say. When did eating baked beans become such a social dilemma. The other day there was a discussion in the blogosphere about meals that encourage great sex afterwards (sorry JP can't seem to link), I don't think I would be going out on a limb here in saying baked beans would definitely not be one of those meals. In fact depending on what you and your partner are into, I think baked beans would actually be a deterrent to gay sex in particular, well that's my opinion anyway.

7 comments:

larrymuffin said...

I had no idea you were back blogging, such a secretive guy. Happy to see you back,am reading your posts.
BTW you may want to update your fan club on the car issue. Whatever happened?

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Laurent, lol Will left a comment the other day, I assumed you knew, I mean I just figured he would come rushing in and excitedly tell you that he had the most wonderful news, and then tell you I was back blogging, guess that didn't happen. Now when you go running up to Will excited and out of breath, I imagine he will say, "Steven who", oh well.

larrymuffin said...

Oh my, no but I know we will see you soon. Always a pleasure to read you.

Anonymous said...

LOL - thanks for the mention! Baked beans? Definitely passion killer. When Guido eats them I have to keep a can of air freshener by the bed.
JP

Sooo-this-is-me said...

And.... I bet he probably just laughs at you. How ever the neighbour makes these beans, they nearly set off the smoke detectors, think I would need a keg of air freshener.

Ur-spo said...

Not too long ago (70s) in the Midwest women would decline going out/doing this or that with the explanation "Oh, I would love to, but I shouldn't. I fear for my digestion so soon after a meal". translation: I am full of beans and clear off.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Lol, a much classier generation Dr. Spo!