Thursday, October 8, 2015

Who's running the joint?

Many times I hear people say that if we don't like the way politicians are running things, we should run for what we believe in. I say that is uneducated bull, I myself am not capable of running a town, city, province and certainly not a country. I and most people don't have the talent to pull off such a serious position. I believe someone like myself could back a candidate whom I felt represented the same beliefs as I, that would be more realistic. ............................................. It does make me wonder about the people who run, I feel they should be of a higher calibre and well rounded regarding many subjects. Anything less than that would be like replacing a company manager with the guy who cleans garbage from the parking lot. He may be a great guy but I would have no confidence in that company. ............................................. That brings me to an issue this week regarding our elections. One guy who could have been elected to our government, was caught writing an article about changing gay people straight. He used such wonderful phrases as making us normal because being gay is unnatural etc etc, the usual vomit people like that spew out. He was sneaky enough to publish it in a non english paper, probably thinking it would not find its way to mainstream media. He got the boot but it makes me wonder about our leaders. I expect them to be more knowledgeable, more worldly than me, certainly not less than myself and definitely not ignorant or backwards. ........................................... . Political parties seem to have become more like an industry, they are geared to getting the "contact" of governing but not actually "governing" and they look for people to fill the positions but not people who could really contribute. I am hoping people begin to tire of this, meanwhile could we get some people in there who actually know something!

5 comments:

Laurent said...

I voted yesterday Friday, now it's done and will wait for the results. Campaign over for me. Happy such turds as Grewal have been found out. Sad though there are so many in the CPC with such views, not the first one to get caught.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family.

Anonymous said...

Steven for PM!
Jean-Paul
itsmyhusbandandme.wordpress.com

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Laurent, you would think that people should be smart enough not to tick off the gays! Lol, we are entrenched in media and will quickly make someone appear as stupid as they really are.
Jean-Paul, I certainly hope you don't mean me, I would be a tyrant, all controlling overbearing tyrannical dictator, but free chocolate for all as well.

Ur-spo said...

You can be my tyrant if the the chocolate is dark chocolate and no rubbish.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Ok Michael, dark chocolate for you but just don't get demanding because you don't want to anger me, being unstable goes with being a tyrant.