Saturday, December 27, 2014

Ghost of Christmas past.

I hope anyone reading this had a good Christmas. To be honest I have not enjoyed Christmas for years now. It is the memories of past years that make me more lonesome than happy. I used to have the picture perfect Christmas, with decorations, baking, grandma's house, cousins on the skating rink, the whole nine yards. Time, time was my grinch that stole my Christmas. Most of my family is gone now, making it hard for new memories to compete. This year however I had a slight spark of that Christmas spirit back. Even though it rained, even though the wind damaged the roof, even though the water pump broke and the battery to start the snow plough died, even though the winter wonderland looks like monster truck mudrun, I had a good Christmas.

No comments: