Friday, September 1, 2023

September? Say whaaat?

 Where did the summer go? One minute it was April and the snow was finally melting, now suddenly I had to turn the car's heater on driving home last night. September first, meh actually I'm okay with this, most of the summer here was hot, humid with wild fires everywhere (*cough* *cough*). Then by middle of July we started having weekly tornados, especially where I work (thanks climate change), so I'm okay with some cooler fall weather.

The fall Fairs have started with their delicious "bad for me food", so I may take one in. I used to hate September for many years because it meant the end of summer but mostly because it was back to school and I hated every second that I was in school. However I'm over that now, September and October can be great months, warm days with cool nights and noooo mosquitoes, (very important in Canada).

Anyway back to school Tuesday for the kids, then Canadian fake Thanksgiving, Halloween, then Thanksgiving for the crazy people south of Canada, then Christmas, Happy New Year then we start over. I need to sit down. 

2 comments:

Old Lurker said...

At least you had the civility not to say the W word. I can understand how tornadoes and wildfires are stressful for people, but so are ice storms.

Yes yes yes. Attend a fall fair and take pictures! Have a beaver tail and fried Mars bar for me. (I wonder why I'm fat?)

Ur-spo said...

Patience above! I wasn't aware you were blogging here! Old Lurker (the dear!) told me and I came right over. I'm pleased as Punch to see this. I hope you will continue/I will be back.