Sunday, August 27, 2017

Spinning Moral Compass.

I was listening to a radio program and it was talking about how we change as we get older. The guest was also saying that most people believe they have changed little since they were 25 years old, even if they were currently 60 years or more. One of the questions was about morality, I have no problem admitting that I was very judgmental when I was younger compared to now. I will also come clean and admit my sense of morality has really shifted, I am way more accepting of people's private lives and what they do, actually I think the word is "turned on" more by certain situations than I was years ago. There are a lot of things I would do now that I thought were "wrong" just a few years ago. What ever two to five consenting adults do in their bedroom, is none of my business (lol). Lately I wonder about my choices, I wonder what I would be like if there were no STDs, especially the kind that can kill you. Now don't panic, I will never do this, but I find the clips of strangers hooking up really exciting, in a raw straight to it male doing what nature intended him to do kind of way. Sometimes society forgets that men are the stallions of the human animal. If there was no danger in this behavior, I know as little as ten years ago, there would be no way I could do something like that, now however, I am not so sure. Maybe I would try it once to have the experience but it probably wouldn't be for me because I like to have some type of bond with the person I'm being intimate with but you never know. I think also maybe that is the point of sex with a stranger or strangers, there is no effort put into a bond, it's just raw sex, no thinking just doing. I don't see myself thinking this way a few years ago, I now don't see it as something bad, just something different from the usual "person meets person" and falls in love type of relationship. I also am not worried that I no longer find things like this wrong. Anyway, as I said, don't panic, this will only happen in the world of daydreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to insist on three dates before I became intimate with a guy. After my relationship of twenty years ended, I found myself with new realities at a much older age. Dating has mostly been a series of disappointments. I have yet to find a man I want to see more than once. Enter the hook up. At first I felt ashamed of my behavior. After a while, I came to realize it just sex between consenting adults. There’s a mutual satisfaction then you part. You don’t have to buy them dinner. You don’t have to make conversation. You don’t have feel you wasted time with a man you don’t have anything in common with. You don’t have to see them again unless both parties consent to second rendezvous. It’s just two parties coming together for a sexual satisfaction. I know this sounds crude. But it’s my new reality. I would love to find a man to data and enter into an ongoing sexual relationship. Until that happens, I’ll enjoy the hookups.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Rjjs, I did have a fwb last year, at one time I would have never thought of doing that. I felt incredibly ashamed every time I was driving home after having sex. Loneliness was a factor plus the sex was great. I waited only until the second time I went to his place, nothing was supposed to happen but I felt I would regret going home and not doing something. I think I started to accept the idea of two friends who also happen to have sex. The problem started when he was falling for me and I didn't feel the same way back. I felt terrible when he often asked why I wouldn't date him and so I ended it.

Ur-spo said...

You make good points; be careful and check often.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Yup. I need a sex slave, although that actually does have a meaning, I better Google it.