Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Okay, being lazy again.

I'm being lazy about blogging again so here goes.


Little Holiday story........
There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process
all the mail that had illegible addresses.
One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to - God - with
no actual address. So, he thought he should open it to see what it was about.

The letter read:

Dear God,
I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small
pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in
it, which was all the money I had until my next pension
payment. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of
my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have
nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you
are my only hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely,

Edna


The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all
the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and
came up with a few dollars. By the time he made the
rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an
envelope and sent to the woman. The rest of the day, all the
workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she
would be able to share with her friends.

The Holiday came and went. ... A few days later, another letter came
from the same old lady & , again, it was addressed to God. All the
workers gathered around while the letter was opened.


It read:

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?
Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious
dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my
friends of your wonderful gift. By the way, there was $4
missing. I think it might have been those bastards at the post office.

Sincerely,

Edna

Hope this made you smile, now I'm off to see my honey bunny! ;)

7 comments:

john said...

Yup, that made me laugh....hope all is well.

Birdie said...

My sister used to work at the post office in a small town in Alaska, where all mail is delivered or held (no street delivery). A friend of hers couldn't get her box open and shouted out, "You've got an unhappy customer here!" Sister shouted from the back, "Just a minute! Let me get my gun!" Don't mess with postal workers.

r. said...

So how are you and Mr. Honey Bunny these days???

Wayne said...

I did not see that ending coming! It was funny!

Will said...

So it's honey bunny now? Absolutely delicious!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...good story.

Enjoy your time with HB.

; )

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this humor!