Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Have You?

Have you ever been told by someone that they love you, and it is so right that it hurts in a good way? Have you ever been told by someone that they love you and really, you know it is true, not love as in a friend, not love the way people just throw the word around, but the real thing. Have you ever felt it as a wave, coming at you just from the way they look towards you, has it ever made you cry in the dark because you can't handle such a strong positive emotion? Have you ever wondered how you finally got here? Have you ever loved being with someone so much that you wished you met earlier in life, just so you could have those extra years together? Have you ever had someone in your life that causes your heart to race if they stand close to you, or when being hugged, you secretly inhale deeply to capture their sent? Have you ever had someone where their happiness was just as important to you as your own, even more than your own? Have you ever noticed a strong need for a person that you unconsciously always have a hand or foot touching that person to stay connected, where intimate moments feel more spiritual than just physical? Have you ever wondered, "this must be what love feels like." Have you ever thought, "if this doesn't work, I'll never survive."

16 comments:

Peter said...

I envy you!

Dave is a remarkable man and you are the one that got away with him.

Birdie said...

Oh, sweetie, don't go down the "what if" path. Stay in the moment and soak up all that love. Stay with the thoughts that give you a wonderful ache deep in your chest. Accept the love you deserve and return it in kind to the one who also deserves it; we all do.

It's good, it's right, it's here and it's yours. Live it.

A Troll At Sea said...

Stevo:

Love is where you find it.
Make every moment count.

T@C

Steve said...

Cherish what you got, that a good thing to do.

Creative Thinker said...

You had me until the very last line. DON'T SECOND GUESS IT!!! Enjoy your relationship and live it to the fullest. Questioning it takes energy that you could and should be spending together...BEST of luck to you... Hugs!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Oops, didn't mean to worry anyone. I just meant by the last line, that it feels so right, if it were to end, it would have that 'cast out of Eden' feeling to me and not that I am doubting our relationship, so no worries people, we are still being sickening sweet with each other! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes. To all of the above. Especially to the last.

Matt said...

I so love reading what you've been writing. "What if" is something we do our entire lives, and it isn't necessarily second-guessing, but examining. I'm glad you have such a great relationship now. And I remember when you were just a little closeted boy ... :)

Big hug buddy.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean buddy. Its a powerful feeling that runs through your veins when you hear it and feel it. Wonderful. Live it, feel it, breath it! I know about the "foot touching" etc just to stay connected - I love it. Happy to be reading your writing again. Your friend in South Africa (Morne)

Crazy Sam said...

No.. But I would definitely love to feel all that!

Vic Mansfield said...

The Latin verb meaning "to suffer" is (in one of its forms) passus. it is the root of our word "passion"

Java said...

Yep. Aint it great?
You never felt this way with any woman, did you? Honey, I think you are gay. :)

john said...

Wow, that is amazing.

Jess said...

I think I could say yes to most, if not all, of that. It's a connection unlike any other.

Anonymous said...

How nice it is to have found that. It seems like only yesterday that Matt introduced us to a shy man just "coming out of his shell." Live in these moments with the exception of that last sentence. As Birdie said, don't even go there.

Randy said...

Well, I see you've found what I have now and have had for the last five years. I've often wondered why I had to wait twenty years to find what I have now... Then it occured to me, I had to wait for him to grow up! He would have only been five then. LOL All jokes aside, I quit trying to figure things out some time back and decided it's best to just let them unfold. :-)
-Randy (Devon, Thru Rainbow Colored Glasses)