Sunday, February 4, 2024

Covid πŸ™„

 At the end of this month, it's hard to believe but it will have been four years since we first started hearing serious rumblings about some virus called Corona. We had been hearing reports but were told not to worry. I'm bringing it up because during all this time, I have avoided getting it.. until now. 🀦

 Fortunately the virus is no longer like the original virus, plus we have ways of fighting back. I didn't get the shot this year and that may be a factor but I think mostly it's because everyone at work either just had it or has it, starting within the last three weeks. For my version, I would describe it as having a mild flu and a bad cold, both at the same time. I felt that I probably had contracted covid because of the rapid way I went from feeling normal at work to being really sick within two hours. Fortunately I'm starting to feel better.

 Looking back, it's such a bizarre moment of our history, not just the virus but all the weird events, political and more that were spin-offs from it. Sometimes it almost feels like a bad dream, like it didn't happen, until we are suddenly reminded that it did. I have made the best efforts to move on from it, most times I don't even think about it anymore. Unfortunately I see people that have been changed by the pandemic, they are still stuck back in 2020 during the peak, paranoid and afraid, I hope they will get past it.

 Unfortunately covid sent me a little reminder this week, at least I have an excuse to stay home and lie around watching tv.

8 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh noooo!
It's still around. I don't think we're going to get rid of Covid any time soon.
Get better soon! Hope it's not too strong. I know people who have gotten it after being vaccinated (usually in a setting like yours) and it has not been too horrible.

XOXO

Ur-spo said...

I am taking the approach if I wait long enough I wil get COVID despite all my precautions and vaccines but by then it won't kill me.

Get well soon. I am glad to hear from you even when you are feeling not your usual

Old Lurker said...

Oh no. You got hit? I was hoping you would blog more but not because you got sick again! You are the second person this week I know who avoided it for four years and then got it recently. I thought this pandemic was supposed to be over!

Unfortunately I am one of those stuck in 2020. I wear a mask like a freak and avoid social gatherings, but I still got it this year and it sucked. Worse I read the paranoid COVID blogs so I was completely freaked out about Long COVID.

Jeremy Ryan said...

Sorry to hear that you got it. I got it early on and it was pure hell. The body aches were the worst, no energy and then came the problems forming thoughts or sentences. I was beside myself that I got it because I was doing everything we were supposed to do at the time. The virus isn't going anywhere and will be around I think longer than a lot of us. At any rate I am glad to hear that you are on the mend and relaxing. The Paxlovid pills I hear are a great way to speed up recovery but I have heard there is a side effect of a metal taste in your mouth. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Hope your fully back on your feet and well again soon. At least you will have antibodies built up so you will be immune for a bit. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Michael said...

Sorry to hear this! I am one of those people who hasn't had Covid yet. I know my time is coming. Get well soon.

Old Lurker said...

How are you feeling?

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Covid anyone? I'm still testing positive but I'm finally starting to feel better. Thanks for the comments and well wishes. Unfortunately I gave covid to my partner but so far, he seems to not be getting as sick as I did. I feel that I became a little too comfortable with covid and stopped talking precautions the way I should have been.

Old Lurker said...

In addition to us letting our guards down, these new variants are increasingly transmissible. I hope your partner recovers well (and you too).