Friday, February 23, 2018

Context, Wrong Text!

 A friend sent me a text, "hey that lady Alana is working here". The only Alana I knew was a really strange woman we used to work with years ago, so I answered, "you mean that European woman with one giant eyebrow and she never met a bottle of deodorant that she liked"? I am not being mean, if I was being mean I would have mentioned the cleavage hair. My friend text back doing an lol and said she was trying to text her husband, it was a totally different Alana.

 This led us to joking about text and email mistakes. She often sends me texts that are meant for her husband because our numbers are close. She knows that I want a husband as well so we can openly joke about everything. I asked her to please never send me a naughty text by mistake because it would be traumatic. I should probably mention that she is Asian so as not to sound like we're racists when she text back, that if I ever get a message saying she will love me long time, to just ignore it, that it would be for hubby. She said that actually because her kids like to play on mom and dad's phones, they usually keep all messages G rated. She told me a funny story about her husband thinking of her in a very healthy way one day, he didn't know however that their eight year old daughter was home. My friend was fixing dinner and hears "mommy why is daddy sending you eggplant emoticons"? For those of you who may not know, many eggplant emoticons look like an erection, hence the double meaning. Thinking on her feet like all moms do, she said that she had asked him to try and pick up some from the store, I said good recovery. Then I went on to text that eggplant was on sale and that I really love eggplant just incase her kids see our text, then she really started to lol over me saying that I really love eggplant... because of the double meaning which I didn't think of until I already sent the text, Steven smacks forehead!

 I have to say that I try to be very careful, not because I am wise, because of a mistake I made. This made me think of a situation that happened when I first started dating my last guy. I was really angry with him and we were taking a day off from each other, I was emailing back and forth with a friend called John, I was telling John about what a total jerk my boyfriend was being and how I was going to put my foot down blah, blah, blah! I hit send and the computer informed me that my email had been successful sent to my boyfriend.... O_O ..... I did a double take, a double check and yes I had somehow sent my boyfriend the message. Later we would both laugh about it, he said he knew I was just venting and was glad to see what I was really thinking. This time it worked out but I try to never make it a next time, I don't want one of my managers to accidentally receive an email saying how much I really, really enjoy eggplant.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I press the send button I always check who its going to!!!
JP

Old Lurker said...

Let's see if this works: 🍆 🍆 🍆

I won't claim that eggplants are my favourite nightshade, but they are up there. I'm afraid that I may be addicted to 🥔, and both 🌶 and 🍅 figure heavily into my diet.

(This is going to look so ridiculous if emoji does not work.)

Mistress Maddie said...

Speaking of 🍆🍆🍆, I have one right here for you!!! LOL!!!! See what happens when I have gin and blog?!?!? Well, once I was sexting with the Lad. I mentioned how I was stripped naked and fluffing my junk and getting it nice and ready for him once he got here, and how I was going to knock him to his knees to take it deep, and then I'd take him orally. Problem was I sent it to my boss!!!!! His number is located right above the Lads. Thank God he is a great guy with a sense of humor and a pig with the women. He laughed and did say "Well, if your that good, maybe I should come over. Talk about embarrassing.

Another reason to not drink gin and text. I'm famous for that.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

JP, that's a good habit to follow, you don't want to accidentally invite someone to eat pasta in bed with you!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Mr Lurker, and so it didn't completely work making it all the funnier! I confess that I never have eaten eggplant.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Maddie, this really made me laugh, good thing he has a sense of humor otherwise it would be hard to recover from that one! Anyone who knows you should probably expect a text like that sooner or later lol.

Anonymous said...

I think we've all sent an embarrassing text to the wrong person.

Old Lurker said...

Never eaten eggplant before? I bet you say that to all your first dates.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

rjjs, I sometimes forget that some friends know I'm gay and others do not, I've had some close calls but I don't worry about it anymore.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Mr Lurker, these days guys want you to be greatly experienced at dealing with eggplant.