Friday, May 29, 2020

Steve invents a sandwich.


 Last night I wanted something filling to eat but it was still hot so I didn't want a heavy meal. I got the idea of making a chicken sandwich, not just any chicken sandwich but something different from the usual.

 I wanted lots of flavor so I cut a chicken breast up into small slivers, I had a package of chicken gravy and slowly let the chicken simmer in that. While waiting I washed some spinach, I prefer baby spinach to lettuce. I chopped up some green onions and dropped them in about a minute before the chicken was finished cooking. I buttered a slice of bread and put mayonnaise on the other slice. I put the chicken and green onions on the bread, then the spinach, a little salt and pepper and ta-daaa! I poured myself a drink of ginger ale over ice and enjoyed my sandwich. Mmmmm it was so good, filling plus a warm meal, perfect comfort food. I'm definitely going to try that again, next time I'm going to try a different sauce to simmer the chicken in, maybe BBQ next time.

8 comments:

Bob said...

It's comfort food!

Dave R said...

That sound rather tasty, I might have to try it... and then I'll post it my blog to taunt Maddie.

HuntleyBiGuy said...

My you are the gourmand. It does sound tasty. And the sparkling ginger ale brings a bright refreshing taste.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Debra, well we all have our vices. ;)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Bob, it certainly is.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Maddie, because I'm hungry and an ice cream sandwich just isn't going to cut it! Well the word "ginger" has gin in the name, there... happy now? Lol

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Dave, sounds like a plan lol! I think it's probably a healthy sandwich as well.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

HuntleyBiGuy, it was delicious. I'm not a big pop drinker but on hot days sometimes you need something besides water.