Sunday, June 23, 2019

And the march goes on... sadly.


  Have you ever been turned on by something because of a fantasy in your head, only to have that association removed because of a negative event. Example, maybe you have a fantasy of someone picking you up in a convertible, until one day you are harassed by some creepy guy in a convertible. One of my turn ons was construction workers, road workers etc, it plays into my attraction towards masculine men.

 My last boyfriend had a side business of renovations, my fwb worked construction in the off season. Once when I was at my fwb's place and we were horsing around, I got him to put on his yellow vest and hardhat, he couldn't find his tool belt or I would have made him wear that too... plus work boots! Sometimes when I was in a hardware store and I saw the work vests on sale, I was tempted to buy one, just for the role play/foreplay value, they automatically stirred something in me. That has changed now because of a new meaning assigned to that image.

 In France the yellow vest movement started in protest over economic reasons etc; however in Canada that movement was hijacked by something sinister. First it tried to pretend to be similar but when people looked closer, the yellow vests people were wearing could be replaced by the MAGA hats from the states. One man said they are worried about illegal immigrants and that they are not racist but they don't trust our immigration minister because he is a n-word from Somalia! O.O   Yup, no racism there. Workman fantasy ended.

 Today is the Pride parade in Toronto, one of the largest in north america or so I keep hearing. I should have planned to attend that, well that's another post. Unfortunately the police are on high alert, it seems that the nutty right has become emboldened by the tyrant of the south and unbelievable have been targeting gay pride events in Canada. Some people were assaulted and injured in Hamilton at a pride event there. The media has forgotten that the winter pride parade here in Ottawa had protesters, imagine the hatred that would bring you out in freezing cold weather to yell at gay people.

  It turns out the people behind it are members of the yellow bellied... I mean yellow vest movement with the help of religious leaders from the states and some from Canada. Whew...that makes me angry beyond words. Especially when I think of those hick talking inbred ignorant backwoods sounding dolts in cheap suits foaming at the mouth on tv. So so angry, I can't say anymore.

 How many times have we read articles wondering if pride parades were even still needed. Well it looks like we need them now more than ever. I hope the parade goes off without a hitch and everyone has a fabulous gay old time. As for those other people, I don't think they need a straight parade, I think they need a Hate parade, where they can get together and hate everyone who isn't a wasp.

 I will say it's sadly ironic that Toronto pride will not allow the supportive police officers to march in the parade, while running to them for protection at the same time. They shouldn't take their grievances out on the individual officers.


29 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ugh, the hateful Yellow Vests. Can't wait for their 15 minutes of fame to be over.

Ur-spo said...

Life is full of events marred by what we hope/imagine them to be and when the real thing happens it feels a disappointment.
I think this why people often become pessimistic and cynical; it is a defense against being let down.
Trick therefore is not to go too wild with our fantasy expectations and allow what happens to be what it is.
Have you heard the song "Prince Charming Tango"?

Bob said...

I believe is showing up and standing up against the haters because when we don't, they win.

Silence + Death
Silence = Acquiescence

Richard said...

I agree with Bob. I was an Act-Up protester back in the day. Imagine that! This was the first year I didn't see any religious protesters at Pride. I wonder if they gave up given Colorado is becoming more liberal every year.

Jimmy said...

What Bob said.

anne marie in philly said...

I third bob; we MUST speak out LOUD against the h8!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Dr Spo, no I have not heard of that song, so are you saying go ahead and have sex with a guy wearing a yellow vest? To be honest I wouldn't say no, I would just pull the vest off!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Richard, maybe your religious nuts came up here! I totally see you as a protester, no I'm not surprised at all. Thank you for that.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Jimmy, that Bob guy is pretty darn smart.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Anne Marie, Bob Bob Bob, if Bob is so smart he should get his own darn blog... oh yeah, that's right... he does! :D

Anyhow we love you Anne Marie for being loud against hate!

Willym said...

Years of protesting, marching, petitioning and demanding have taught me that you make all the laws, rules etc you want but you can't mandate thought. It may be hidden away for a time but eventually it will resurface. And we are seeing much in the way of hidden hatreds resurfacing these days. I had hoped that what we fought for in the 70s would be passed on - sadly I am beginning to doubt that it will.

Your last paragraph is a very astute observation.




Old Lurker said...

You do know that the yellow vests in France were not for construction workers, right? They were for car drivers. So I think you ought to be unattracted to car drivers from France.

Around here most construction workers wear orange vests, so your fantasy should be safe.

Will you be attending Ottawa Pride in August?

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Will, it might be good for the younger generation to feel a little push back, I get tired of them lecturing the older generation that we didn't stand up enough for ourselves. Let them get a taste of fighting for their rights and see how "easy" it is.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Lurker, I know it's not about construction workers in France if that's what you are wondering. It's just that over here the trades workers use those yellow vests, that's where my association came from. Now the yellow vest means bigot as well. Just where have you been, we were going to send out a search party for you!
I plan on going, it feels important more than ever this year.

Old Lurker said...

Things have been a little crazy over the past few days, so I was not online much. But Deedles is also away and you didn't send a search party after her.

It's too bad that your construction workers wear those yellow vests. But don't worry -- there are lots of other Village People to fetishize.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Yes I noticed Deedles is missing but sometimes she needs down time so I'm leaving her alone. She will return when ready.

I figured you would return and that something was wrong-ish.
There are always lots of other things to drool over.

Willym said...

Funny you should say something about push back/young people. I was walking Nora on Great George Street the other day and was attempting to get her away from something that obviously looked tasty to her and disgusting to me. By accident as I moved back on to the sidewalk I bumped into one of two young people of the same sex who were walking by and holding hands. I apologized and received no acknowledgement however the hand holding seemed to have taken on a new importance for them and the body language was obvious and spoke volumes. It was being done not as a sign of affection but to shock and defy the old guy who had bumped into them. I so wanted to say: My dears I marched, endure the indignity of two raids, and fought in my spouse's and my workplaces so you could do this. And I am not shocked nor offended just amused and ultimately saddened by your attitude.

Mistress Maddie said...

Bob is right. We need to show up....and in numbers....otherwise they will think they have us licked.

Mistress Maddie said...

It was the first year Walter I personally didnt see any in Philly. If they were there, I didnt see any.

Mistress Maddie said...

The New York City world pride should send a big fuck you. It will be insane....but I want to be there to remember it and honor those rebels.

Deedles said...

Just popping in to say that today is International Fairy Day, and no one took note. Tinkerbell is rolling in whatever she rolls in. Backing away now.

Michael said...

Steven,
I am catching up on my blog reading. I agree with you that pride parades are still needed.

JP said...

Good post. Bigots don’t always wear yellow vests.
JP

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Sixpence, you go irk off those bigots! Yeah they should realize that their message is wrong when they have to disguise it as something else.
Get pictures of pride and as for blue collar, you know it gurlfriend... lol ;)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Willym, you should have started yelling at them, "sinners, sinners! Attack Nora, attack"! Lol

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Maddie, I bet it will be fabulous with a capital "FAB"! You go and enjoy but don't get lost!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Hi Mrs Deedles Weedles, I missed you... Tink rolls in glitter, you can't get much more fairy-ish than glitter! :D Hahaha!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Michael, you agree with me because you are a very intelligent man. :)
No seriously I think pride parades have shown themselves as relevant, if we look away for just a moment, the bigots return like bad weeds.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

JP, yes they are everywhere and suddenly very determined to regain power.