Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Comfy food.


 I stopped in to get some groceries on my way home from work and I saw they were having a special on raisin bread. I haven't had some in years. The bread had just arrived and smelled so fresh. Raisin bread is something I have to be in the mood for, at any other time I could be grossed out over it. Sometimes there is nothing more soothing than when you get home late from work and don't want a big supper, you can just have some tea and toasted raisin bread with butter. Good enough for me on this cold, cold night.

8 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Omg yum. Yes raisin bread!

XoXo

Bob said...

Great. Now I want raisin bread.

Deedles said...

Balder Half bought me a loaf of raisin bread last Sunday afternoon. It was gone by Tuesday morning. He doesn't eat raisin bread, there are no children living here and I don't get visitors. I CANNOT have that stuff in the house! That is the only kind of bread I can eat right out of the bag, and do.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't had raisin bread in years. It sure is good toasted. Now I want some.

Old Lurker said...

This sponsored content has been brought to you by the Raisin Bread Marketing Board of Canada. "Thinking of your January diet? Think raisin bread instead!"

anne marie in philly said...

@old lurker - LOL

yeah, now I want raisin bread, toasted, with real butter (no rubbish).

my fave comfort food - campbell's tomato soup (the heart healthy version) with elbow macaroni. my grandmom always fixed it this way; and on a cold day, always a treat.

Richard said...

I love raisin bread with tea or milk. It was treat when I was a kid.

Mistress Maddie said...

Hell your good. I go in the store and lock eyes with a guy and end up at his place....and never did complete my shopping list.