Monday, September 14, 2015

Simple Job Choice.

I have no problem with a person who is deeply religious, I have no problem with the government staying out of the practices of a religion as long as it doesn't affect others. I have no problem with someone displaying their religion at work weather it's a cross, type of clothes they wear, even the dreaded tiny Christmas tree etc, etc. However I have a huge problem with someone who is in a government job and discriminates against others because they feel their religion allows them to. The choice is clear, if you are in a secular position, you carry out your duties according to the law of the land. If you want to work according to your religious beliefs, then you should get a job within that institution, where you can be bigoted to your little heart's content. Of course I am talking about the lady who is trying to make herself look like a martyr by not granting marriage licenses to gay couples. Here we go again, pick on the gays. I wonder how many do and do nots she skips over to make her life easier, I doubt she follows every rule. If she is so religious, why does she give other couples a license, if they are not part of her religion, is that not a false marriage according to her beliefs? These types of religious groups are sickening in the fact that they go looking for a fight and then cry foul when it comes to them. I am not going to argue this same problem over and over, it's a simple choice, if your job includes giving marriage licenses to gay couples, then give them a license, if you won't perform your duties then get the ffff out so someone who will do the job can.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I hope most agree with you.
However the minority (?) seem to be the ones more apparent as they are so vociferous.