Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Math Explanation 100% Needed.

This morning while driving in to work, I was listening to the radio and the host was interviewing a person about recent polls regarding our upcoming elections. Three parties are neck and neck while the fourth is not even on the radar. It was the following numbers that caught my attention and made me laugh. The person said that party A had fifty percent of the votes, party B had forty five percent, party C had forty percent and party D had twenty percent. Huh??? What is this that new feel good whole math, where we accept any answers as long as you tried? I think an explanation is required, one at least to show us how they came up with these numbers. In my mind they seem one hundred percent off.

3 comments:

larrymuffin said...

This campaign is way to long I am so tired of it already. It will be by all accounts a minority government but I am happy that Justing finally said he would not support Harper is he won as a minority. Meaning that we could have a Coalition of NDP Liberals.
I am so ready for change now. Hope you are planning to vote.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

I know some people don't like coalitions but I feel it's probably the most democratic thing, other countries do it all the time. I have a huge problem with the parties right now saying there will be absolutely no coalitions, and then forming one after which will probably happen. So right off the bat saying there will be a change but starting off by lying, which I know is very unusual for politicians to do.

Ur-spo said...

Oh you two can be thankful you don't have the tedium and the absurdity just south of your border.