Sunday, April 21, 2019

Hoppy Easter


 Hoppy Easter, yes I went there, sorry that joke is not very bunny. Yesterday there was an Easter market near me, they hold it twice a year, once just before Christmas and again before Easter. Of course I forgot my phone, so no pictures. There were a lot of people shopping there but unfortunately not many vendors. I go for the home baked foods and farm raised meats etc. The snow finally has been melting but with days of heavy rains, the roads are muddy and driving is terrible. I think the vendors probably thought it would be a poor turn out. It's too bad they didn't support it because they will lose the market. It was populated mostly with people selling over priced photos, hand crafted ugly jewelry and hats. All things you can find at any market without driving for miles out into the country.

 I'm not sure what I will be doing today. I no longer take part in anything religious. For the first time ever, we will not be celebrating Easter together. Mom has become so feeble that I didn't feel I could take her out to my sister's place. At the same time she has been going downhill fast, she no longer is aware of her surroundings and makes no sense when you talk to her. I kept asking my sister what she wants to do Easter dinner wise and I got no response, that's not unusual. If I end up driving to the city, I will stop by and see mom, otherwise it will just be a regular laundry day for me.

 It's important to note that a balanced diet on this day means you have to have a chocolate Easter egg in each hand.

14 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

happy chocolate eggs and marshmallow peeps and jelly beans day!

Jimmy said...

Which do you prefer, Easter or Halloween candy?

Tio Walter said...

Happy Easter! It's a bright, sunny day here in South FL. As a pagan, I'll be celebrating Easter with other heathens out in nature, namely Haluver Beach, the local nudist beach, checking out Easter baskets. It's a chore, but someone has to do it. :-)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Jimmy, hands down Halloween, more variety and a lot of fun memories behind getting them.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Walter, no pictures = didn't happen! :D

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Anne Marie, thank you lol and happy junk food day to you! That was weird, my reply to you disappeared so I had a "do over". Did you upset the Easter bunny??? :)

Richard said...

I don't celebrate Easter. I'm planning on doing yard work for a few hours. I hope you have a great day.

Ur-spo said...

Yes chocolate is a must this day even for the most atheistic of folks.
We have two chocolate rabbits in the fridge which we will eat tonight with relish.

Old Lurker said...

Very sad to read about your mom's decline. But it is good you will visit your sister tomorrow.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Richard, you can come and do yard work here if you want to! :)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Dr Spo, ewww! You're going to eat your chocolate rabbits with relish? Next you will be using ketchup! ;P

Sooo-this-is-me said...

OL, no I will visit my mother tomorrow, not my sister. Unfortunately she has become quite weak. We are not sure if this means something or just the next level of the disease.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhhh I love, love, love chocolate. All I want for Easter is some chocolate.
My manfriend makes this cake for me that has all kinds of goodies. That's what easter means to me: sweets!!

Happy Easter!

XOXO

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Sixpence, now you just made me think of my chocolate in the fridge.... hmm... must nibble... doesn't hurt to nibble.