Monday, August 28, 2017

Yup, so ten uhh.

Today is the day, no big hoopla or anything but today it's ten years since I started this blog. It started with a post called AWAKENING, I thought about reposting but I was afraid that I may accidentally deleted it. I had been communicating with some people in the blogosphere a year or two before starting the blog, so it wasn't totally out of the blue. I don't see it as an anniversary or milestone, more like "YIKES" has it really been that long. So much has changed in blogland, all my old blog buddies have vanished except for two. I miss the other people, they helped me so much way back then. I don't think I ever planned on blogging this long, I think it was more my intention to blog until I was comfortable enough to start telling people in the real world that I am gay. My plan was to start dating, get a boyfriend and then a blog about coming out would become obsolete. Plus once you are in a relationship, blogging is the least of your priorities. I certainly never thought about a ten year mark. Looking back, there has been a huge positive shift in the way Canadians accept the LGBT community from as little as ten years ago. ....................................... Like other bloggers, I have wondered about ending my blog; however this is not a novel or movie script, life goes on and people should feel free to leave and come back when ever situations give them something to blog about or not blog about. Makes me wonder about ten years from now, things will be different for me, I will be in a different stage of life, makes me a little sad actually, a little frightened to be honest. Will I be alone, will I be sick, will I be here? Lol, will I still be looking back and blogging that it's been ten years again already and whining about "where did the time go". My message to future me.... Hi future Steven, I guess you really miss your hair now, I hope all our plumbing still works ;) lol. I hope we have figured something about life out by now, I hope we found love again, I hope we are happy at least.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts. I hope you continue blogging for years to come. It is always good to know that there is someone out there who understands the feelings that we have.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Thank you Michael 54, very kind words. Sometimes I am amazed that anyone reads this blog at all, I know it's not as well done as many of the other blogs but its me, slightly revealed.

Vivian said...

I too have been blogging for ten years. But I took a hiatus after 7 years because I got to hate the "sound" of my voice, but to be fair, I was also writing my third memoir (travel) so both my job and my hobby was listening to me mouth off day after day after day. I'm very happy to be back in the blog business, but that break was necessary. I even invented a new world for when a blog goes dark, because the world ended a word to rhyme with "orange". My word for when a blogger wants to dim the lights on his/her blog is "floringe". The blog goes "floringe".

I'm older than you so trust me. You WILL find love again. The only reason you won't is if you don't try. Mr. Wonderful won't knock on your door -- you have to get "out" there. I was single and drifting and alone until I made a list of four things I really wanted out of life, one of them being To Get Married. Just writing that list changed everything. I got pro-active, as they say.

Less than three years later I WAS married (at age 48) to a man who is my everything. I mean, I have a life and all, but he is still, after 13 years, my favorite person the world. The only thing I haven't accomplished on that list is Kiss a Tiger because I've looked into it and kissing tigers involves animal cruelty and I just will to be a part of that. So I give to World Wildlife Fund's Save the Tiger instead.

Ur-spo said...

First of all, happy blogerversary!
I am pleased as punch for you; I hope you keep blogging if only for the selfish reason I enjoy your reads and hearing about you.
I am very glad to have gotten to know you through blogging.

Anonymous said...

10 years? Here's to another!
JP

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Kiss a kitty instead, less dangerous. Thank you Vivian, you reminded me how I found my last boyfriend, I grew tired of waiting for him to show up on a white horse, so I went out and found him, he showed up on a motorcycle! Good advice.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Thank you Dr. Spo, I am still absolutely tickled that I got to meet you!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Thank you JP, and it will be even better if you're still an active blogger on my list in ten years.

Mistress Maddie said...

Congrats on the ten years!!!!! How weird is it we are both named Steven, with blogs turning ten!?!?!?! I am still trying to get caught up on blogging since being on vacation......

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Maddie, it's because your name is Steven that you turned out gay. Many many gay men are named Steven, so the fix was in the moment your parents picked that name. Lol