Sunday, August 13, 2017

Someone else's time.

My time is not my own, my time is not my own. Lately I feel my time belongs to someone else. I never get to have a day to myself. Work demands my time, mom being ill demands my time, Murphy's law unexpectedly steals a lot of time, neighbours requiring help need my time and it just seems to happen over and over. Every time I take a day off I seem to end up using the day for some issue that comes up. I can't get caught up, there is never enough time.

4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

My advice.....take the time off, and come here to Philadelphia! I will show you a nice time see the sights. But I do find it admirable your there to lend a hand to people. That's a great guy....although tiring......

Anonymous said...

Take a day off and unplug. No phone or internet.

Anonymous said...

It is hard being pulled in so many directions. I think the unplugging advice is sound. Sometimes it is necessary to do it so that when you have to "plug back in" you can be more effective. Good luck.

Ur-spo said...

This may help - I hope:

keep in mind time can not be made or saved it can only be spent as you choose. Don't forget you get 24 hours like everyone else.
The golden words for these people are 'limits' and structure'. learn to say I will be available at this time, but not that time. People get less needy if they know you are coming at a certain time. And most important schedule me time among all the obligation times for others.