Friday, May 5, 2017

I hab a code, I'm sick. :(

I hab a code, my nobe is blocked, I feel zick, I started working in a different department last week and I think every second person there was coughing and sneezing. Now I have a cold, my instructor infected me with his plague. I am freezing, my chills give me visions of icebergs, polar bears and penguins, no wait, I'm not cold, I'm hot. I could start a fire by touching a stick of wood to my ear, I could boil water by placing the pot on my forehead, nope now I'm freezing again. I am awake at night, sweating, coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose so much that financial advisors are recommending people buy shares in companies that make tissues. I have turned into such a mucus factory, that I think I should be incorporated. I want soup and tea, I'm exhausted when I get home from work. I get excited when I can crawl back into bed and it's not for an exciting reason, I want to sleep.... for a week. On the plus side I'm able to sing Barry White songs because my voice dropped so low, I can legitimately get out of helping people on the weekend and I can drive off certain people with my shield of germ spray, but most importantly, one of my neighbours brought me supper tonight because I earned some sympathy. See you in the morning.

8 comments:

Willym said...

Poverino. Why do people insist on going to work when they are sick? I'm sure the much valued (by senior management at least) productivity in the department is low and it just keeps spreading around.

Okay lecture over and some virtual chicken soup and a soothing hand to your fever brow is being sent.

David said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon so you may enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! My weekend wasn't great health wise myself. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

How frustrating. Get in a supply of chicken soup and some crackers and watch some junk on tv. Hope you feel better soon.
JP

Ur-spo said...

It is no fun to have a cold.
I hope you take some comfort in taking care of yourself.

Old Lurker said...

I thig I caught your code. I started sneezin today. Thags for nothin.

Stephen said...

Oh no, a cold or sinus infection is a horrible thing. Sometimes it just seems to linger for days and makes you wonder is there's ever going to be an end to it. I hope and pray you are feeling better.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Thanks everyone, I am nearly all better.