Monday, July 9, 2018

Playing hard to get.


 Last night I was very frustrated with trying to meet guys. I never mentioned this to anyone because I didn't want to build on something that never happened but I was supposed to meet with a guy on Friday. Again it was a no go. At least this time the guy let me know he wasn't coming. However it was at the last minute, after I spent the afternoon getting ready, I was dressed and heading out to my car when I got the text. Yesterday I was getting disappointed with fake profiles when suddenly a younger guy in his thirties sent me a message.

Guy: Hello there. :)

Me: Hello back, lol.

At this point I was thinking to myself "please don't be an idiot because I have had my fill".

Guy: I'm so horny!

I just let out an "uuugh" because it was another idiot. There was a million things I wanted to say to him and all were what an idiot he was. That wouldn't be fair to someone just looking for sex, although my profile says I'm not interested in hooking up.

Me: Really? Seriously? Then for Pete's sake maybe you should go take a cold shower or something!

I figured that would be it, he either would stop or tell me off. Anyway I got a huge kick out of myself and was laughing at what I just said. Then he emails back.

Guy: Then maybe after you could warm me up!

Me: Ahh, I bet you say that to all the boys.

I guess he was surprised by resistance, he probably was used to either getting interest or turned down.

Guy: I really like red heads, they are cute.

Me: yes apparently I have become the latest fashion trend, we are all the rage now.

Guy: Lol.

I suddenly could see there was some personality there. I shut him down politely, I told him that I never just hookup with a stranger, that I am not comfortable with that. He emailed back and said not to worry that he understood, which I thought was polite, unlike the usual silence I would normally get, so they are not all jerks.

11 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I feel bad there was a backfire, but I must admit your banter to him cracked me up! You know your my favorite red head, and this post is why I adore you my friend.

anne marie in philly said...

ooooooooooooooooh, I have a thing for redheads!
does the carpet match the drapes?
(inquiring minds wanna know)
most men are jerks.

Michael said...

No, not all of them are jerks...someone is out there just right for you. Keep trying!

Anonymous said...

Been there...shown up...he didn't.
But for a redhead with a sense of humor, I'd keep showing up and giving it a go just in case luck turns in my favor. Better luck next time. :-)

Christina said...

Your sense of humour is great, Steven. I'm sure there has got to be someone out there for you ,my dear. I wish you lived in England, I could introduce you to my son.........
In all seriousness though, you are a decent, honest man and you will find that special one, I'm sure.
Never sell yourself short though.
All good wishes. Xx

Richard said...

Sorry he cancelled. I know it's really disappointing especially after taking time to dress and look good for the guy.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Maddie and you are my favorite ex-drag queen. Thank you.
Miss Maddie! Miss Maddie! Miss Maddieee!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Anne Marie, most men are jerks! Lol, that is so funny you asked because I stopped him before asking the carpet and drapes question. I need to have my secrets too. ;p

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Michael, sometimes I get lost on my journey finding someone, then I read your blog and I am reminded what a real decent man acts like.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Christina, I think you would make an awesome mother-in-law to me!!! Hahaha! Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Richard, thanks buddy. Especially since you know how long it would take to make me look good! Lol