Friday, June 30, 2017

Idle Lunch Conversations.

Today at lunch I witnessed something that happens a lot these days but it's something I never thought I would hear in my lifetime. I was sitting with a group of engineers and the usual, casual conversations were going on. Some were getting caught up on the latest news from their phones and making comments. One man remarked that Germany had voted to allow gay marriage. He said it in a matter of fact tone, not like twenty years ago where everyone would have started hyperventilating, and the none reaction spoke volumes to me. Even better was that the news was received by the rest with a "it's about time" type of attitude and they moved on to the next story coming up on their screens. Sometimes the smallest things are really the biggest, it gives me such a good feeling to see and hear positive attitudes towards gay people. A day that at one time, I could only dream about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I was in Ireland last week where I learned that they have an openly gay prime minister. Things have sure changed. I wish things would have been more like that when I was growing up.

Anonymous said...

Idle Lunch Conversations. - Today at lunch I witnessed something that happens a lot these days but it's something I never thought I would hear in my lifetime.
ตารางคะแนน