Thursday, July 14, 2016

Stereotypically Gay Me.

I wish I didn't inherit the stereotypical "gay klutz in sports gene" but sadly I did. Sure I tried to play sports but I never improved, I was mostly the worst player in every sport, just slightly ahead of the girl who didn't want dirt to touch her or the guy who haunted the library at lunch. I missed out on that bonding moment (ok and all those team showers to). It is still happening today, many people at work like to hang out with coworkers after hours and on weekends, but they are on teams or play golf etc. None of these I can do and I don't enjoy sports as it makes me feel awkward as if back in school. It's a way for people to connect, a shared common goal but sadly the only thing that I can catch is a cold. I'm not really going anywhere with this post, just a complaint but I guess that's life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. The whole sports thing is awful. Can't throw a ball, catch a ball of kick a ball. But happy to caddy!
JP

Ur-spo said...

Think of it not as a deficit but a divine release from the yoke of custom and convention. Let the brutes push a ball around the place for a while and let's do go get cocktails - fabulous ones.

Anonymous said...

I inherited that klutz gene too. Bad memories flood back from high school. My brother and sister were athletic stars, and I was pathetic when it came to sports. My parents always said I lacked confidence. Part of that may be true, but the lack of confidence came from being really bad at it.