Friday, July 17, 2015

Stepping out onto the pages.

Step out onto the pages of your book, you younger generation, this is your time. You are able to live your life on your terms, you don't have to be stereotyped into a box that fits what people think a gay person should be, look like, act like. Frankly your straight friends don't care and probably don't think about it much. ................... I said in my last post, that I used to write this fantasy world in my head, where gay people lived just like straight people, and folks just accepted it as is. I certainly never dreamed that it would happen one day. There is no longer a need to fantasize, fiction has become real life, I need to figure out how to write my own story now. ........................ I was watching The Big Bang Theory one night and the story line was that since most of the characters were nerds, they missed their high school proms. So they held one for themselves. Gave me an idea, I think it would be fun to hold a prom for older gay people, play the music of your youth, even try to dress up like the time period of your high school years. I know I will never do it but if I can put the bug in the right person's ear, who knows. How much more gay could a prom for the seventies or eighties get. ................. I am going to change the path of this blog soon, just to let my three readers know. When I read my statement of coming out, I feel been there done that. I think it's why I am not connecting with my posts. Since this is my therapy session, everyday life issues are what keeps my little mind occupied and also bubbling with anxiety. I still will mention gay issues but I want to be expressing other issues as well.

No comments: