Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Please Just Stop that music!

I noticed that every gay club I go to, seems to play the same three or four songs over and over, I have no problem with the actual songs, it is just the continuous playing of them. It became almost too much at the parade as every float in the parade was playing 'Please don't stop the music' by Rihanna, or 'I kissed a girl and I liked it' by Katy Perry and the third title slips my mind but it also plays continuously. After the parade was over, while at the gay picnic they had guest DJs and yes, as each one came out they kept playing the same songs! Of course they did mix in other songs as well, however some songs just get into a person's head and you can't get them out. Then finally some live music came on stage, I was thinking "good a change in the tunes" now wait for it, guess which songs they played! Later that night I sat up in bed and Dave asked what was wrong, I said I could not sleep and also all I could hear in my head over and over was "please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music", aaahhh, please STOP the music! Alright, okay so today I gave up and listened on Youtube over and over to try and get those songs out of my head, aaaaahhhh! Listen if you dare! Oh well at least they finally stopped playing 'YMCA' and 'You Spin Me Round' after all these years!

The third song is 'When I grow up' by Pussycat Dolls, I remembered because it came back into my head, over and over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I Am What I Am" by Gloria Gaynor is always a nice hit during Pride parades, too. ;-)